Pennsylvania Monument Co. has a long history of providing quality monuments and first-class service to its customers. The company’s predecessor was founded in 1925 by Mike Grontkowski on West Green Street in West Hazleton. In 1938, Grontkowski sold the business to Albert Langlois, who relocated the business to Boundary and McNair streets on the border of West Hazleton and Hazleton.

 After Langlois’ death in 1956, Hazleton Bank operated the business until 1958, when partners Fluri, Frank and Nester Salvaterra and Stanley Bohenek purchased what they named Pennsylvania Monument Co.

In 1970, the company relocated to Route 924 in what would become Humboldt Industrial Park. The new location featured an expanded operation and new equipment.

 One by one, the Salvaterra brothers sold their shares of the business, with Frank the last to do so in 1975. Stanley Bohenek remains the proprietor of the family-owned business today.

Throughout the years, some things have remained the same, including our commitment to customers and attention to detail in all our work. We are able to design, manufacture and install a variety of monument sizes to fit any budget.